“Estate Agent” is defined under the EAAA as “any person who for the acquisition of gain on his own account or in partnership, in any manner holds himself out as a person who, or directly or indirectly advertises that he, on the instructions of or on behalf of any other person (i) sells or purchases […]
Tel: 021 673 4700
Expertise: Corporate And Commercial
Candice Robberts is an associate in STBB’s commercial practice specialising in the Private Equity Sector and Hospitality and Leisure Sector.
Candice began her career as a candidate attorney at Smit Sewgoolam Incorporated in 2013. She was admitted as an attorney in 2015 and joined STBB | Smith Tabata Buchanan Boyes on 17 January 2017 as an associate in our Corporate and Commercial department.
• BCom Law LLB, University of Pretoria
• Year of admission as an attorney: 2015
• Advised on hotel management structures.
• Advised on and structured purchase, sale and leasing of residential, commercial and industrial properties.
• Advised on and structured private equity transactions and restructuring.
• Assists Michael Bromley (the Hospitality and Leisure Sector Head) in connection with advice to hotel, resort and lodge property developers, owners and hotel management companies in connection with management, franchise, lease, technical services, centralised services and rental pool agreements
• Private equity transactions, company group internal restructuring transactions, Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment transactions, M & A transactions and all aspects of corporate and commercial transactions, including the drafting of company constitutional documents, sale of shares and sale of business agreements, shareholder and board resolutions and joint venture agreements.
• Information Communication Technology transactions including the drafting of licence agreements, support and maintenance agreements, software development agreements, IT Support Agreements, Service Level Agreements and Software Reseller Agreements.
• Advising numerous South African hotel management and property investment companies including Bon Hotels, Newmark Hotels, AHA Hotels, Lagoon Beach and the Winchester Group.
• Advising Moore Stephens Cape Town Inc on internal restructuring agreements, with a particular focus on sections 41 – 47 of the Income Tax Act, and Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment transactions